Saturday, November 23, 2013

The airing of the grievances

I was having lunch with a good friend of mine the other day.  She was beginning to dread the idea of having the two sets parents, both from out of town, at her house for Thanksgiving for an extended visit.

The thought of dealing with the dynamics between her mom and mother in law, that usually clashed, the demands of her own two little kids and all the colliding styles of the group of invitees was stressing her out.

"I spend most of the time during the Holidays either rushing or walking on eggshells", she said.

This describes the season for most people.  Not me.  I have embraced the spirit of Festivus and I look forward to the "Airing of the Grievances".

Here's a three step program that will improve your level of enjoyment this year and probably for years to come, since most people that you are concerned about this time will stay safely away from you next:

- Wine up.
- Stay positive and joyful
- Refuse to walk on eggshells. Let it rip!

Enjoy your Holidays people. Or should I say "bring it on"?







No comments:

Post a Comment